UK's DeAndre Liggins to stay in NBA Draft


UK's DeAndre Liggins announced Sunday that he'll stay in the 2011 NBA Draft. Liggins worked out for the NJ Nets over the weekend and it was reported that he one of a few that stood out in the workout. Liggins played a big role in UK's 2011 NCAA Final Four run.

Liggins comments:
“Coach (Calipari) encouraged me to come back for my senior season, but based on the feedback I got from NBA personnel, I felt it was in the best interests of me and family to stay in the draft,” Liggins said. “I learned a lot in my three years here at Kentucky, and I appreciate all the support I got from the people at UK as well as the Big Blue Nation.”

Coach Cal on the decision:
I feel comfortable that DeAndre had all the information that he needed to make this decision. I fully support what he’s doing and I will do everything I can to help him reach his dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment