UK's Knight to Stay in NBA Draft

Kentucky's All-American freshman Brandon Knight announced Friday that he will keep his name in June's NBA draft, forgoing his final three years of eligibility. Knight received All-America honors from FoxSports.com and was named Freshman All-America by several outlets. Knight's performance in the NCAA Tournament earned him the East Region Most Outstanding Player and Knight was also named SEC Freshman of the Year by several media outlets.

Here's a few comments from Knight:
“This past year was a great experience for me,” Knight said. “With all of the accomplishments that my teammates and I were able to make, making it to the Final Four, it was a great run for us. … I just want to thank Big Blue Nation for all of the support. I want to thank the coaching staff. The tough times they put me through only made me better as a player. I love playing with my teammates. I have a great group of guys around me. We pulled it together through a lot of tough times. When a lot of people didn’t think we could do certain things, we got stronger as a group.”

"My main goal was to be a top-10 pick. Nothing's for sure in the draft, but I wanted to hear something like that," Knight said. "A lot of feedback was in that area. Coach Cal basically said whatever my decision was, he'd have a lot of confidence in me and he told me to test the waters, and the feedback was great."

"It affected my decision a little bit," Knight said. "I had to think about it. With the possibility of being a top-10 pick, you don't get that opportunity all the time so I had to take that seriously."

"The way I was playing at the beginning of the year, I couldn't have gone anywhere," Knight said.

"My main goal was to come here to get better and compete for a national championship and I think we did that," he said. "I think this opportunity just came up toward the end of the year and it was something I had to look into and take seriously."

With Knight now officially staying in the 2011 NBA Draft. UK and the fans now wait for Terrance Jones and Deandre Liggins to decide on the NBA future. They have till May 8 to withdraw from the draft. Jones has said, that he is 50/50 and signs are pointing that Jones and Liggins will return for another season at UK. However, we'll know for sure in the next 2 days when they announce their decisions..

Brandon Knight to stay in 2011 NBA Draft links:

0 comments:

Post a Comment