Video: UK Senior Darius Miller previews Thursday's UK 2012 Senior Night game

UK Senior Darius Miller on his UK career and UK's 2012 Senior Night game Thursday on ESPN against the Georgia Bulldogs.. Video courtesy of Courier-Journal.com.


Pre-Georgia Media Opportunity - Feb. 29, 2012

Darius Miller


On what will go through his mind as his last home game winds down …
“I can imagine it’ll be emotional for me. I’ve been here for, like you said, a while. I had a lot of good memories, met a lot of great people, great coaching staff. I can imagine it being emotional for me.”

On what it has been like to be the one constant player for four years …
“It’s been a lot of fun. I’ve met a lot of great guys, a lot of great players that I’ve had the chance to play with. I still talk to everybody to this day. I feel like they’re my brothers. It’s been a great experience and I can say I’m blessed to be a part of something like that.”

On what it will be like having his last game in Rupp Arena …
“I think it will be a lot of fun. I’m happy I get to experience it with some guys like these that I’m really close with. Like I said, it might be a little emotional for me. I don’t know. It should be a lot of fun. Hopefully we have a great game and come out with a win.”

On whether he knows why he excels towards the end of games …
“Honestly, I don’t know. I feel like the whole team does a great job of focusing in on it at the end of the game, trying to make big plays for us to win. We all focus on the same thing, which is winning. I think we do a great job when it’s crunch time.”

On what he thinks about being referred to as the “glue guy” for the team …
“I’m happy with that, especially to be on a team with this much talent. I have great teammates and for them to say that about me, I’m happy about it. I’m grateful to be talked about in that way. It’s a great honor.”

On the lows and the highs of his career at UK …
“My freshman year was kind of rough, as you all know, going to the NIT and stuff like that. I feel like we had a pretty good team. We had pretty good talent on the team, but like you said we were kind of disappointed with how we finished out. The past couple of years it’s been a great experience. We’ve had a really good team. Like I said really great teammates and a great coaching staff. If we can finish out this last game on a win, I’d be extremely happy.”

On whether he was worried about what would happen to him when Coach Calipari got hired …
“I think all of us were, the guys that were here and they guys that planned on staying. I think we were all worried about what was going to happen. We had been pretty close so we were wondering if we were going to get split up. Like I said, I’m happy I got to stay and he chose me to stay so it’s been a great experience so far.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment