Video: UK Senior Eloy Vargas previews Thursday's UK 2012 Senior Night game

UK Senior Eloy Vargas on his UK career and UK's 2012 Senior Night game Thursday on ESPN against the Georgia Bulldogs. Video courtesy of Courier-Journal.com.


Pre-Georgia Media Opportunity - Feb. 29, 2012

Eloy Vargas


On what it’s been like to be a Kentucky Wildcat …
“Well it’s been great to be here in this program and being in Kentucky. It’s the best program in the world right now in college. So being a part of this program has been tremendous.”

On if he might possibly be another Josh Harrellson …
“Well I think it’s a compliment for me in that this is my first time hearing him say that about me and what I’m doing - like trying to be focused and trying to play my best and do the right thing on the court and off the court and in practice trying to get better.”

On if it ever gets frustrating not getting much playing time …
“Nah, I’m good because every time we win, everybody wins. It’s Kentucky and this is a family. It’s not about self, it’s about us.”

On the best thing about being a part of this program …
“Being in front of Coach Cal, teaching me how to be a better player and a better person, and me pushing myself like before I came over here; I rarely saw how hard you had to work to be on the court, so I think I’ve learned a lot from being here and being a part of this program.”

On how he thinks Kentucky fans will remember him …
“I don’t know how they’re going to remember, but I know I was part of the Final Four, so they will probably remember me, so that’ll be nice.”

On what the rest of the season holds …
“This is where the fun begins now. You don’t know what’s going to happen. This is going to be a long season. We’ve got about five more weeks left and you don’t know what can happen. Somebody can get in foul trouble and I can maybe come out and do the right thing and make a play for the team and we can come out with a win.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment